Due to continual growth we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Cyber Security and Information Assurance Consultant with the passion to want to continue to learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture. The position would suit an outgoing and friendly personality with strong communication and organisational skills.
- Work with design, implementation and operational teams to ensure and assure the secure operation of service solutions, and work with client stakeholders to report on and manage security risks.
- Work heavily around Assurance, consult on solutions and services tailored to a deep understanding of the client's needs.
- Advise government clients on the governance and security management of their secure business systems.
- Assist with bids, proposal for works, as well as on implementations and integrations.
- Help to guide and influence clients through their security issues to practical consultative solutions using comprehensive cyber assurance experience and technical knowledge required to deliver ongoing assurance requirements on government projects.
- Initiate, lead and direct the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISO27001)
- Provide technical advice and guidance on the introduction of new technologies to improve the business, factoring in specialised customer security requirements.
- Provided support and advice on Government security requirements and risks to a wide variety of business areas
- Management of Information Risk; translating risks and providing expert advice to the business to aid risk reduction.
- Be capable of leading a team of Cybersecurity professionals aligned to various Cybersecurity functions to assess, document and report security findings.
- Manage senior stakeholders and communicate risk effectively in order to prioritise and implement the security strategy and remediate any residual risk.
- Stay current and be proactive on emerging trends in information security.
- Drive the remediation of security findings through appropriate stakeholder management
- Responsible for Cyber security technical programmes of work.- Responsible for planning, executing, tracking and managing schedule and scope across multiple projects.
- In collaboration with other areas, identify and manage the risks associated with projects and programs to achieve project success.
- Use strong business and technical knowledge to implement solutions to impediments, keeping projects on track.
- Work closely with other departments and partners to ensure on time delivery of critical projects and programs.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of team members on security best practice.
Our CS&IA team are expected to have or working towards recognised and highly regarded qualifications and certifications. These include (but are not limited to):
- Masters and/or bachelor’s degree level education in a cyber security or technology-based discipline (or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience).
- NCSC Certified Cyber Professional (CCP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and/or Implementer
- COMPTIA Security+
- US CERT Insider Threat certifications
- CHECK penetration tester
- Certified Cyber Essentials Plus Assessor
- Various programme and project management qualifications
- You will have experience of delivering technical CS&IA consultancy within a Defence environment, or other UK Government or Public sectors.
- Outgoing and friendly personality, with strong communications skills.
- Considerable in-depth technical expertise working in IT Security
- Proven track record of successful delivery of technical projects
- Experience of having written and/or delivered cyber exercises and incident response plans
- Ability to translate between technical and non-technical information and tailor briefings and communications at the appropriate level.
Salary for full-time (37.5hrs per week): £ 45,000.00 - £60,000.00 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
25 days annual leave (+ Bank Holidays)
You must already hold an appropriate level of UK security clearance, minimum SC but ideally DV.