Role: Software Developer
Status: Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Role and Responsibilities:
The role is to be primarily focused on:
· Revise, update, refactor and debug code
· Create efficient algorithms
· Integrate third-party programs into systems
· Coordinate the workflow
· Develop data audit, archiving and restoration processes
· Perform peer to peer code reviews
· Maintain technical documentation
· Contribute to, and follow coding standards
· Use the latest development tools to rapidly solve problems and create solutions that fit the needs of the company.
· Work within an Agile team to develop software that is of an exceptional standard.
· Ensure an exceptional level of customer care is always delivered.
· Identify areas of improvement based on client feedback
· Follow the code software programs that meet the needs of the company
· Update and maintain software programs to improve functionality and security
· Be involved in the Software Development Lifecycle
· Understand problems and provide root cause analysis and resolution
· Keep up to date with changes in technology, DevOps methods and Languages.
· Attend CPD events as agreed with your Line Manager
Any other reasonable requests. In addition to the primary function the role will be expected to carry out the following:
· Performing time critical tasks on behalf of NTC as directed
· Developing good communication skills·
· Ability to positively flex to updated customer requirements
To be suitable for this role you will need:
· Knowledge of programming languages like Java, Python or C++
· Functional and Technical Design
· Performance and resilience related architecture and design activities
· IT solutions to meet Business requirements
· Experience in task management
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Interaction with cloud services
You must have, or be eligible to obtain, UK SC or DV Security Clearance.
More details relating to UK Security Clearance can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance